Our International Student Support and Advice service
We provide information, advice, social activities and general support to international students from the point of accepting their offer through to graduation. We offer specialist immigration advice and welcome and orientation support.
We provide a confidential advice service to international students. Except where required by law, or where we believe a student may harm themselves or others, we cannot discuss a student’s case with anyone outside the office without the student’s permission. Our advisers follow the UKCISA / AISA Code of Ethics for those advising international students.
Our Global Community activity
We also support the intercultural experience of UK and international students through activities and other initiatives to connect students from different backgrounds and develop cultural awareness and understanding of global perspectives.
Partnership with staff
We support and work with staff across the University, Leeds University Union and in external organisations. We:
- collaborate in the development and delivery of intercultural and international-student-friendly services and activities
- provide a key referral point for staff working with international students and their families
- give general information and advice on supporting international students
- provide training in international student support and cultural awareness
- help promote the University’s international student services to visitors and sponsors