Many international students bring their families to live in the UK whilst they are studying.
There are many things that you will need to think about before bringing your family to the UK. Be sure to read the information on this page and links so that you are fully prepared. Also check the immigration section of our website to find answers to your questions about visas.
Routes around campus which are accessible for parents with buggies or those with disabilities are signposted on the green and white signposts. The University’s campus map can help you find an accessible route around campus. Certain internal routes may be closed outside of the University’s main opening hours. Find out more about out-of-hours access here.
Buildings which have nappy changing facilities are shown on the Campus Accessibility map. These include:
- Parkinson Building: Room B.35 (women’s toilet)
- Old Mining Building: Room 1.02
- Leeds Dental Institute, Clarendon Way: Room 5.070
- Marjorie and Arnold Ziff Building: Outside the café (unisex toilet) on Level 10
- Leeds University Union: In the women’s toilets near reception (ground floor), the women’s toilet in the Old Bar (basement) and in the unisex toilet in the Mine Bar (basement)
- Leeds University Union is breastfeeding-friendly throughout the building
- The Lifelong Learning Centre in the Marjorie and Arnold Ziff Building welcomes student parents and will make a quiet room available for their use if possible
- Other departments may also be able to make a room available on request
The University is committed to supporting students who become pregnant during their studies. For more information about the support and resources available on campus, or to find out who to talk to about your pregnancy visit the Equality and Diversity webpage. If you are an international student and become pregnant during your studies, please also visit the International Student Office. There may be immigration implications for both you and your baby which you will need to consider before your pregnancy becomes advanced.